Apricots, avocados, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes, limes, lychees, mangoes, melons, nectarines, passionfruit, peaches, pineapple, raspberries, and Valencia oranges.
Asparagus, beans, capsicum, celery, cucumbers, eggplant, lettuce, sugar snap peas, radish, sweetcorn, tomatoes and zucchini
Summer certainly has some of the very best produce, and is my all time favourite range of tropical fruits…… I swear that I feel like a fruit-bat some days the amount of luscious, ripe, sweet smelling fruit that I consume! My current favourites are; mangoes, black skinned figs, peaches [white and yellow] watermelon, limes, grapes, cherries, raspberries, pineapple and passionfruit.
I also have been devouring endless salads, especially since I can just reach onto my balcony and pick fresh basil, tomatoes, shallots, dill, celery and throw together something very quickly without visiting the greengrocer.
Some of the recent salads I’ve eaten include:
- Celery, dill, smoked chicken and mayonaise
- Peach, goats cheese, basil and crisp proscuitto
- Fresh figs stuffed with gorgonzola, drizzled with Vino Cotto on a bed of rocket leaves
- Waldof salad- apple, celery, pecan and grape with mayonnaise
- Tomatoes with torn basil leaves and fresh mozzarella
- Watermelon, feta, mint leaves and black olives
- Avocado, watercress and fresh raspberries