I like to bake and occasionally I will ‘share the love’ and take something to work. Hopefully the item travels easily on public transport, looks appealing, feeds a crowd and is cost effective ……that is not toooooo tall an order or expectation for a baking item surely?
I have always loved the peanut butter/chocolate combination, which I will place blame squarely on Peet for introducing me to Reece Peanut Butter Cups, this slice is the perfect foil for that craving and with a few salt flakes scattered on the slice when it comes hot from the oven it is even better still….
Peanut Butter & Chocolate slice
- ½ cup SR flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 90g butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ¾ cup milk choc chips
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C . Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28cm slice pan, extending paper 2cm above the edge on the two long sides.
2. In a large bowl mix together flours, oats, coconut and sugar.
3. In a saucepan, combine peanut butter, butter and honey. Stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes, until melted and combined.
4. Make a well in centre of flour mixture and stir through peanut butter mixture and egg. Fold ½ cup choc chips through until well combined.
5. Press mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining choc chips. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into small rectangles. Store in an airtight container.