Every now and again I get a craving for peanut butter and chocolate…..I blame it on being introduced to the fabulous imported treats Reese’s peanut-butter cups!
I found an amazingly recipe for peanut butter icecream and I love the richness of this simple recipe….it tastes even better served with a warm chocolate fudge sauce, just to push it over the edge into pure decadence!
Peanut Butter Icecream
195g peanut butter
180ml sweetened condensed milk
10ml vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Gradually drizzle the hot milk into the eggs whilst whisking vigorously. Then pour the whole mixture into the saucepan. Over low heat stir constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter. Allow to cool slightly, then add the sweetened condensed milk, cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to a container, and freeze until required.
Try your best to not eat tooooo much at once! 🙂